This essay should be a 500-750 word essay focusing on the assigned readings from Weeks 2, 3, and 4
This should be aclose reading essay, and should use as evidence primarily passages from the story or stories that you discuss.You may not use ANY outside sources without the instructor’s approval.
• The essay should be in MLA essay format (see thesample essay here) and should have the student/teacher cover letter (which should answerthese questions) as the first page.A works cited entry and in-text citations for each text discussed are required.
The essay should be focused on making adebatable claim about the work(s) in question; informational essays or essays consisting of summary are not appropriate. The claim should be supported with discussion of specific passages from the text(s) on which the essay is focused. The essay grading rubric can be foundhere.
Choose1of the following topics, and write athesis-driven essayin response to that topic:
• Duty in Different Cultures:some of our readings in Weeks 2, 3, and 4 show a concern for duty and responsibility. We discussed this in relation toThe Sakuntala, but notThe Iliador the Week 4 folktales. Choose one character fromThe Iliador from1of the folktales, and make a claim about that character and duty. Questions to consider: how does duty come up in relation to that character, and how does this affect the character’s role in the story?
• Fate and Karma:Fate and Karma are 2 major cultural ideas that came up in these first two weeks. Are these 2 concepts mutually exclusive? Can we havebothfate and karma in a story, or must we have only 1 or the other? Use passages fromeitherThe IliadORThe Sakuntalaas support.
• The Role of the Supernatural:The works that we read in these three weeks have elements that take us beyond realism; inThe Iliad, there is the intervention of the gods, and inThe Sakuntalaand the folktales, a number of supernatural elements, from curses to flights to the heavens to talking animals, feature in the stories. Compare2works from Weeks 2-4 (The IliadandThe Sakuntala,ORThe Iliadand 1 folktale,ORThe Sakuntalaand 1 folktale:, is this use of the supernatural in these 2 works more similar or more different? Why, and how does that make two stories more similar or more different?
• I Need a Hero!In our discussion of these works, we have talked a bit about how they all reflect elements of their cultures, particularly through the way that heroes are depicted. Choose1story (The Iliad,The Sakuntala, 1 Nigerian tale,OR1 Eastern tale) and make a claim about what this tale shows us about heroes in this culture. Discussno more than 2 charactersfrom your chosen story in order to support your claim.
QuestionThis essay should be a 500-750 word essay focusing on the assigned readings from Weeks 2, 3, and 4 appeared first on WriteDen.
Source: my posts
Place a similar order