Running head: [INSERT TITLE HERE]
[INSERT TITLE HERE]
Allied American University
This paper was prepared for [INSERT COURSE NAME], [INSERT COURSE ASSIGNMENT] taught by [INSERT INSTRUCTOR’S NAME].
Directions: Please answer the questions below in complete sentences using APA guidelines. Your response to each should be at least 300 words in length. Utilize examples from the textbook, if applicable.
1. What does a dragon symbolize in Chinese art? Use examples from specific artworks to illustrate.
2. What makes Shen Zhou’s Poet on a Mountaintop such an excellent example of literati painting during the Ming dynasty?
3. Describe the innovation of the westwork. How does it relate to and differ from Roman and Early Christian architecture?
4. Discuss the purposes of Christian art using examples to illustrate your points.
5. Describe the evolution that occurred during the Gothic age in church naves, towers, vaults, and windows.
6. Contrast the two Virgin and Child Enthroned paintings by Cimabue and Giotto. What are their similarities and differences? Who was more important to the future of painting and why?
Midterm Project – Submission
The Midterm Project is due this week with your Module 4 Homework Assignment. Please upload a second document entitled “Midterm Project” with your Module 4 Homework Assignment.
Choose one of the following artworks or artists for your Midterm Report. Your report must completely answer the four questions posed to guide your research. Write in complete sentences and utilize APA guidelines. You will need to use the LIRN library and the Internet to find enough information and, therefore, you will need to cite your sources on a final page labeled “References.”
1. Describe the work or artist (100 words or more).
– state the correct name
– state the artist(s) if known
– give the actual dimensions of the work (feet and inches)
– note the principle features of the work
2. Compare (50 words or more).
– explain how this artwork (or artist) is similar to others of the same time
– is it part of a trend?
3. Contrast (50 words or more).
– explain how this artwork (or artist) is different from all others of the same time
– is it/he part of a revolution
4. Evaluate (100 words or more).
– explain why this artwork (or artist) is significant or important to his or her age
– why did he become popular during his time
– what did he contribute to the future of art
– list your sources of information so that the instructor can locate them later and check your work
o Stonehenge (Neolithic England)
o Babylon’s Ishtar Gate (Babylonia-Iraq)
o House Altar: Akhenaten, Nefertiti and three of their daughters (Egypt)
o Temple of Angor Wat (Southeast Asia – Cambodia)
o Terracotta Army, Qin Dynasty (China)
o Polyclitus’ Discus-bearer (Greece)
o Pantheon (Rome)
o Statue of Augustus Prima Porta (Rome)
o Stained glass rose window of Chartres Cathedral (France)
o The Lamentation by Giotto (Italy)
o Portrait of a Young Woman by Petrus Christus (Flemish)
o Alhambra (Spain – Islam)
o Moses – sculpture by Michelangelo (Rome)
o Triumph of Galatea by Raphael (Rome)
o Vatican Dome by Bramante (Bramante)
o Fra Angelico
Directions: Please answer the questions below in complete sentences using APA guidelines. Your resp appeared first on WriteDen.
Source: my posts
Place a similar order